top of page
Blueberry Maple Pie
Crust for 9 inch pie (top and bottom)
- 340 grams flour (we used half plain and half whole wheat)
- 172 grams cold butter
- 6/7 tablespoons of ice water
- pinch of salt (optional)
1. Mix butter and flour together by hand or in a mix until you obtain a crumbly texture.
2. Add water one tablespoon at a time.
3. Combine until it holds together (do not overwork) ad refrigerate for 1 hour)
4. Dough should be rolled out at room temperature
Filling for a 9 inch pie:
- 500 grams blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- lemon zest, cinnamon (optional)
1. Mix together and let sit for a few minutes while you roll out the dough.
2. Fill pie with fruit mixture
3. Bake for around 40 mins at 180 degrees celcius
bottom of page