Gluten & Grain Free Ginger Cookies
These Paleo ginger cookies are the perfect treat without too much sugar and with the added nutrients from almond flour.
makes: 25 cookies | prep: 0:20 | cook 0:10
286g blanched almond flour
68g organic coconut palm sugar
2 teaspoons ground ginger
½ teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
80g butter, softened
57g raw honey
1. In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the butter, honey and water using a handheld mixer or a whisk, then beat in the egg until everything is combined.
3. Using a rubber spatula, mix dry and wet ingredients together. Do not over mix.
4. Cover and freeze dough for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until it's easy to handle.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
6. Roll the chilled dough into balls (about 1½ tablespoons per ball), and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the bottom and edges start to turn brown.
8. Set baking sheet on a wire rack to cool.